Saturday, November 15, 2008

Concern.

Anyone else concerned that Superstore's eggnog sits out, NOT in refrigeration? Guaranteed I'm steering clear of that...

My other concern for today...the fact that college students seem to think that by using spell check they reserve the right to not edit their own papers. Do you know how many papers I've read in the last three months that allowed spell check to change "definitely" to "defiantly"? There's nothing like stating, "I defiantly agree that we need to help with the homeless situation in Canada". So you are in defiance, but agree? Interesting...

3 comments:

  1. BAAHAHAHA too funny. I must admit though...more often then not I am one of those who does not edit their papers before handing them in. Fourth year. YOu think I woulda learned already. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the egg nog at Superstore the other day, and thought the very same thing!!!

    I also "defiantly" agree with you regarding spell check. You may be encouraged to know that I rigorously lecture and train my students to edit...three times per essay/short story! I actually have a great little exercise called "Watt the spiel chick, er mussed" which is a whole paragraph of words that were misspelled but not caught by spell check. It usually drives the point home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:02 PM

    thanks for sharing your observations. i've always steered clear of egg nog, refrigerated or not - it just doesn't seem....natural.
    sharalee

    ReplyDelete