Sunday, August 05, 2007

On being home again.

I walked into Starbucks last night for the first time in over 3 months, and I almost ordered in Spanish. A guy bumped into me in Walmart today, and I apologized in Spanish. I keep forgetting to put my seatbelt on...until last night when the beeper in Jer's car went off because I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. A few times I have almost thrown my toilet paper into the trash can...whoops. Forgetting where I am seems to be the theme here.

It always takes a bit to get back into the groove of life here. But there are a few things I don't want to forget: how I can live with just a suitcase of items and live happily; how building relationships are more important than passing time; and how stress and surrender bring you closer in dependence with your Heavenly Father.

To all my summer friends...thanks for all that you taught me and for loving me even through those stressful times. I will miss you dearly.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:08 PM

    Welcome Home Kathleen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good lessons learned. Glad you made it home safely!! When do you officially start at CBC? The 15th. I'm looking forward to hearing how the job goes.

    ReplyDelete